🎥 Overview: Axial Racing SCX10-II vs Axial Adventure SCX10-III
Here we go, a showdown between the rugged SCX10-II and the SCX10-III. Both are stars in their own right, but the true winner has to be the SCX10 III!
🚗 Design Elements: What Sets The SCX10 II Apart from the SCX10 III?
- Front Bumpers: Both come with stock plastic bumpers, but let's be honest, that's one of the first upgrades for protection and performance anyway- Checkout the ScalerFab metal Front Bumpers and Sliders to customize for your unique build!
- Servo & Battery Placement: Both models come with chassis-mounted servos. However, the SCX10 II (specifically the UMG10 Unimog) has its battery up front, while the JLU opts for a central location. It’s all about balance and preference.
- Motor & Transmissions: Here’s where things get interesting. The UMG10 has a mid-mounted motor, keeping things classic, while the JLU features a more scale front-mounted motor. Plus, the JLU steps up with a two-speed transmission and DIG functionality – and yes, all the gears are included.
🛠️ Comparing the SCX10 II and the SCX10 III: Which is more Builder-Friendly?
- SCX10-II Unimog: If you’re the kind of person who enjoys a bit of a challenge but nothing too crazy, the Unimog is your guy. The build is pretty straightforward – the parts are on plastic trees and you get a nice mix of plastic and metal. You’ll need your clippers handy, but it’s all part of the fun!
- SCX10-III Jeep: Now, for those who want a smoother ride in the building process, the Jeep Wrangler steps up. It’s a tad easier to assemble than the Unimog. The parts are neatly pre-packaged for each step, and there's no need to snip parts off trees. A bit more beginner-friendly, perhaps?
🛠️ Is the SCX10 III more Scale than the SCX10 II? Who Wows More?
- Jeep Wrangler: This one is a head-turner with its scale look. You’ve got inner fenders, licensed components, and even space to add more scale accessories. It’s like the little details that make a big difference.
- Unimog: While it doesn't boast licensed components, it still holds its own in the scale appearance department. It’s got that classic, rugged look that many love.
💰 Bang for Your Buck: Price and Value
- SCX10-II (UMG10 Kit No longer available): Other SCX10 II R2Rs are priced at $339.99.It's a solid choice for customization enthusiasts.
- SCX10-III Jeep Kit: At $349.99, this kit is very similar in price, but you get the licensed body, portal axles, and a bunch more scale accessories.
🏁 Verdict: Which One Takes the Crown?
So, what's the final word? The SCX10-III JLU is a newer, more scale upgrade with lots of bells and whistles. It's definitely appealing if you're after that extra 'oomph' in scale appearance and functionality. But let's not count out the SCX10-II out just yet – it's still a strong contender, with a ton of body options and upgrades available, especially for custom projects and those who enjoy a bit of personalization.
In the end, it really comes down to what you're looking for in a build – the simplicity and customizability of the Unimog, or the scale detail and advanced features of the Jeep. Either way, you're in for a great time with these kits! 🚗💨